Yesterday morning, I received an sms which, like most service messages, I was about to delete, by then don't know what made me read it. The message read -
"Hamari koshish rahegi videshi tijoriyon mein bund takriban 25 lakh Cr kala dhan bharat lakar garibo ki unnati tatha desh ki pragati mein lagaya jaye. LK Advani"
when I was telling my friends about it, I found out that most of them had received the same.
Today, I received an interesting forward-
Our Indians' Money - 70,00,000 Crores Rupees In Swiss Bank
1) Yes, 70 lakhs crores rupees of India are lying in Switzerland banks.This is the highest amount lying outside any country, from amongst 180 countries of the world, as if India is the champion of Black Money.
2) German Government has officially written to Indian Government that they (German Government) are willing to inform the details of holders of 70 lakh crore rupees in their Banks, if Indian Government officially asks them.
3) On 22-5-08, this news has already been published in The Times of India and other Newspapers based on German Government's official letter to Indian Government.
4) But the Indian Government has not sent any official enquiry to Germany for details of money which has been sent outside India between 1947 to 2008. The opposition party is also equally not interested in doing so because most of the amount is owned by politicians and it is every Indian's money.
5) This money belongs to our country. From these funds we can repay 13 times of our country's foreign debt. The interest alone can take care of the Centre's yearly budget. People need not pay any taxes and we can pay Rs. 1 lakh to each of 45 crore poor families.
6) Let us imagine, if Swiss Bank is holding Rs. 70 lakh crores, then how much money is lying in other 69 Banks? How much they have deprived the Indian people? Just think, if the Account holder dies, the bank becomes the owner of the funds in his account.
7) Are these people totally ignorant about the philosophy of Karma? What will this ill-gotten wealth do to them and their families when they own/use such money, generated out of corruption and exploitation?
8) Indian people have read and have known about these facts. But the helpless people have neither time nor inclination to do anything in the matter. This is like "a new freedom struggle" and we will have to fight this.
9) This money is the result of our sweat and blood. The wealth generated and earned after putting in lots of mental and physical efforts by Indian people must be brought back to our country.
10) As a service to our motherland and your contribution to this struggle, please circulate at least 10 copies of this note amongst your friends and relatives and convert it into a mass movement.
Col R R Joshi,
C/O 99 APO
After, reading both, I checked the May 22, 2008 e-paper of TOI, but sadly there wasn't any such article, atleast not on Mumbai edition. Yes, I am sure that we would have had many international black money accounts and bringing these back to our country and investing in various needs would help us a lot. But, do you think any of our politicians would be able do it, as they themselves would have been one of the biggest participants in such crimes.